Sunday 16 May 2021

The Potted Pope-the garden blog.

 Over the past 12 or so years I have kept many different blogs. For many different reasons. Blogs about subjects as diverse as Home education, study as a mature student and working in the Heritage sector. I have started and stopped writing but then last year we moved house.

For the first time since my childhood I found myself with a decent sized garden and the time to learn how to develop it. The somewhat bizarre name of this blog comes from the former owner of the house (a Mr Pope) Plus I have always used containers in my gardens.

Our garden from front to rear boundary is probably around 100 foot long. The house is on the edge of an estate, on the edge of a West Sussex village built on land which was once the former Victorian Pleasure grounds of a large Georgian property. A number of the trees have preservation orders on them as a result of being historical specimens and not far beneath the surface lie older pathways. It is not unusual to be digging in the garden and discover rusty horse shoes !

So here it is-my new blog recording the creation of a garden.


photo credit Annetta Starowicz Fotografia





No comments:

Post a Comment

Discovering the Garden

  Oddly enough when we came to look at the house, I didn't really notice the garden. That might sound an odd thing to say considering th...